The 9th Meeting of the Tephritid Workers of the Western Hemisphere (TWWH 2016) will take place at Auditorio Buenos Aires, located in the neighborhood of Recoleta, in Buenos Aires City, Argentina, from 16 to 21 October, 2016.
This meeting is organized in cooperation with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
The goal of TWWH is to facilitate communication among scientists and people working in fruit fly control programs from the Western Hemisphere and other parts of the world, to share recent findings, identify research needs and priorities and promote the use of sound technologies.
The meeting program will cover all relevant disciplines ranging from basic knowledge to applied research including Biology, Ecology, Behavior, Genetics, Taxonomy, Morphology, Semiochemicals, Attractants and Monitoring systems, Quarantine and Post-harvest treatments, Control Methods (Biological control, Chemical control, SIT, Mass Trapping) and Area-Wide Management and Action Programs.
The event will be held in English and Spanish and simultaneous translation will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you in Buenos Aires.
- Pablo Liedo
Local technical committee:
- National Service for Agrifood Health and Quality (SENASA)
- National Institute of Agricultural Technology (INTA)
- National Atomic Energy Commission (CNEA)
- Obispo Colombres Agro-industrial Experimental Station (EEAOC)
- Pilot Plant of Industrial and Microbiological Processes (PROIMI)
- School of Exact and Natural Sciences - University of Buenos Aires (UBA)
- School of Agronomy and Zootechnics - National University of Tucumán (UNT)
TWWH Technical Committee
- Aldo Malavasi
- Eric Jang
- Rui Pereira
- Pablo Montoya
- Teresa Vera
- Jorge Toledo
- Walther Enkerlin
- Dina Orozco
- Janisete Silva